Transitional Employment - Administration Opportunity
East Ayrshire Council’s Economic Development have opportunities for 26 weeks paid employment within an administrative role.
To be eligible for this opportunity, candidates must be unemployed and fall into one of the following categories:
“Vulnerable Unemployed Young Person aged 16 – 24 years” is defined as:
· Individuals who have completed a custodial sentence / Ex-offender
· Individuals who have been in residential care /Carers
· Individuals with language, literacy or numeracy problems
· Individuals with mild to moderate mental health issues.
· Individuals who has been unemployed for over 2 years.
· Individuals with additional needs/disabilities
The opportunity will include one week unpaid trial, with successful candidates progressing to 26 weeks paid employment.
Following the one week trial candidates will be provided with up to 4 weeks intensive training before progressing to work placement for a further 22 weeks. The 4 weeks training will include:
· CV Preparation
· Telephone Techniques
· Producing documents and proof reading
· Interview Techniques
Training will take place in East Ayrshire Council Offices, Greehnolm Street, Kilmarnock, starting on Monday 10th March 2014. Hours will be from 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch. 30 hours paid at NMW dependant on age.
If you would like to apply for an interview for this course, please contact East Ayrshire Council’s Economic Development Section on 01563 503000 where you will be given a time for interview.
Interviews to take place on Monday 3rd March 2014, in Meeting Room 3, Johnnie Walker Bond, 15 Strand Street, Kilmarnock.